August 30, 2007

A Tribute to Grandma Neuteboom

This weekend Eric and I are traveling to Oklahoma to attend the memorial service for his Grandmother, Heidi Neuteboom. Grandma Neuteboom passed away in November during the Thanksgiving Holidays and she is already greatly missed.

Eric was very close to both is Grandparents and shares wonderful stories about traveling Europe, losing to Grandma Heidi at cards and holiday memories. I feel truly blessed to have had the chance to meet her and spend the weekend with her in Lawton, OK last year around this time. She was kind and REALLY funny, she also complemented me right away on my blue eyes, which always makes me blush.


Although we're sad to lose her, we are looking forward to celebrating her life this weekend. There will be lots of Neuteboom family to share memories and stories with and even a little Neuteboom on the way( Heidi's baby) to carry on the memories.




So to Eric,


First and foremost, I love you. I feel truly blessed to be able to be there for you in sad as well as joyful times. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. We'll create the kind of memories and joyful times with our Grandchildren that our Grandparents have provided us. I know that your Grandparents and my Grandpa Stu will be with us on our wedding day, watching over us with huge smiles and hearts full of love. I can't thank them enough for starting these incredibly supportive and loving families that you and I get to join together and continue.




~Trish

1 comment:

Commodore Lerve said...

Such a great piece of writing Trish, it shows how true your feelings are and it's great knowing Eric has a person in his life like you.

While it was sad to not have Eric at this year's Olympics, it certainly was for a good reason and I hope you all had an opportunity to reflect on her life and celebrate all that she did to make the world a better place!